What We Do
For more than twenty years Community Management Associates has provided proven and professional property management throughout Northern Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.
We bring many assets to every Association we manage including first-class customer service, proactive, experienced property management and cutting edge technology.
Whether your Association is large or small, a mid-rise or high-rise condominium, co-op or master planned community, CMA delivers professional, effective and cost-efficient management—customized to your Association’s requirements at a price you can afford.
- The key to our business model is top-notch, talented and experienced property managers.
- Our managers receive intensive training in property management and customer service.
- CMA managers implement proactive management practices.
Every CMA-managed Association benefits from this model in a variety of ways:
- CMA property managers know how to implement efficiencies that streamline operations while minimizing costs and maximizing results.
- Day-to-day community issues are handled successfully with minimal Board involvement.
- Potential problems are discovered and fixed before they become costly major issues.
CMA employs a large team of experienced accounting experts and administrative personnel to manage your financial activities. This staff ensures that your Board’s workload is minimized and streamlined.
Our internal cutting-edge technologies enable CMA to deliver timely, accurate and cost-effective financial management and reporting capabilities. This means that every CMA-managed Association has easy access to up-to-date financial data needed for decision making and planning.
Using these technologies, CMA’s teams of experienced accounting and administrative personnel handle all of your accounting needs. This staff provides numerous services including:
- Annual Budget Preparation: Each year CMA provides a detailed and thorough draft budget. This significantly reduces the amount of time and effort your Board would otherwise have to devote to budget preparation.
- Monthly Financial Package: Every month CMA delivers to your Board a financial package that gives a year-to-date snapshot of your financial status. This lets you determine where your community stands relative to your budget projections.
- Dues and Other Payments: To secure and speed payment processing, CMA uses a bank lockbox system with strictly enforced software controls. Homeowners mail payments directly to the lockbox where they are processed the same day and deposited to your Association’s operating accounts.
- Collections: Unfortunately, from time to time, all Associations are faced with delinquencies. CMA understands that these are detrimental to the financial health of a community and strives to minimize them. We generate and mail “late letters” automatically following each billing cycle to help ensure payment and minimize financial stresses on your community.
When necessary, CMA brings to bear on delinquent accounts the expertise of professional law firms that specialize in Association Collections. These firms work to ensure a successful resolution of delinquency issues. This greatly reduces the need for Board involvement and the costs associated with collections efforts.
CMA serves as the managing agent for your Association.
A licensed Property Manager is assigned to work with your Association on behalf of your Board of Directors. This manager represents your Association in many activities including bid requests, contract negotiation and closure, interactions with homeowners and vendors and more.
By authorizing CMA managers to work on your behalf, you allow us to manage all of the details of day-to-day operations freeing your Board to focus on strategic concerns.
CMA Property Managers provide many services to their Associations. All of the following activities serve to maintain or improve your community—and eliminate or reduce your Board’s workload. Among the services we provide:
Standards and Rules Enforcement
We help maintain harmony in your community by ensuring that all homeowners comply with your Association’s rules. Our Managers visit your property frequently and, using our state-of-the-art software systems, they note violations and follow up with compliance letters and a report for your Board.
Regular Board Meetings and Annual Meetings
We ensure that Board members are prepared for meetings: minutes, bid information, proxies, agendas, summary reports and other information necessary for the conduct of successful meetings are created, copied and presented to the Board in advance of the meetings.
Our Managers deliver a monthly report to the Board that includes – at a minimum – a meeting agenda, detailed monthly action item list, requested bids, legal reports, homeowner requests, correspondence and a report on compliance issues. This gives your Board solid, accurate information upon which to base decisions.
Your Board membership changes over time—but you still need consistency; long-term planning is critical. CMA Property Managers produce and update annual calendars to track and manage ongoing maintenance, projects and other long-term activities. This level of involvement ensures that appropriate and cost-effective planning remains intact.
Effective communication between your Property Management organization, your Board and your Homeowners is essential to a well-run and satisfied community. CMA Managers assist your Board in keeping residents up-to-date on current and planned activities.
To get a real feel—based on real data about how your Community feels about the work of your Board, Management Company, vendors and contractors, CMA will prepare and undertake a Satisfaction Survey. The results of this survey are presented to your Board and can serve as very useful input for future planning.
A CMA manager is always available to handle emergencies via our after-hours service which will transfer emergency calls to an on-call licensed Property Manager.
Managing large, long-term projects can be a daunting prospect. CMA Property Managers have extensive experience in this area as well as access to many resources that enable us to help initiate, plan, manage and complete projects.
We have the experience and knowledge to design specifications for almost any type of work.
We have an extensive network of “preferred vendors” who have a track record of delivering quality results – on-time and on (or even under) budget.
Our Vendors are insured professionals with stellar references.
CMA is one of the largest and most well-recognized Property Management companies, therefore, the best vendors vie for our business. This means that your Association benefits both in terms of lower costs and high quality results.
CMA Managers are continually involved in managing property improvement and maintenance projects. We bring valuable experience and resources to each project in order to see it successfully implemented. Our Property Managers help guide your Association through the entire process including:
- Funding – CMA assists your Board in identifying funding sources for large projects.
- Bid Specifications – we can recommend reputable engineers to scope your project and create a bid specification packet.
- Contractors and Vendors – CMA can offer suggestions and recommendations based on our experience with previous projects.
- Project Management – Your Association’s Property Manager will act as the liaison with the contractors.
This level of involvement by CMA Property Managers helps ensure that your projects run smoothly and finish on time and on budget.